Friday, November 27, 2009

Five Year Reunion

I'm going to my first high school reunion tonight. My parents think its weird I've already been out for five years. CW says there will only be unpleasant drama and that we shouldn't go. If this rain keeps up I will be doubly convinced of the same. Should we drive in and be able to leave whenever we like, but need to pay for parking? Or do we take the train in and just get drunk? Problem is, I can't spend any money this month. That at least $10 for parking, or I think $12/round trip ticket on the train. There isn't a cover, but you pay for what you eat and drink: at least $4 per beer, then maybe $10 for an app? So like $25-$30 for the night. To most people, perfectly reasonable. When you have $20 dollars in your checking account, it's not.

Now I'm thinking as I write.

Do I too frequently make decisions based on how much an event will cost? I don't think so. I think I'm rational, logical, and analytical. It's a matter of pros and cons. How much is it worth it to me to be at this event? What are my responsibilities? What will I get out of this event? What else could I spend that $30 on and would that be more worthwhile? Probably especially so if I don't spend that $30 at all.

We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment