Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moment of Weakness

After 10 days of vacation, I came out swinging. I am so proud of myself for getting out of bed every day, driving to work, and getting done what needed to get done rather than let myself get back into the swing of things slowly after that long out of my corner.

That's not to say the last two weeks have been easy. I've been chugging along and barely scraping by. And today, it finally happened. What I thought would bring me down (a particularly tough day last Wensday) didnt, and I suppose its a victory I made it this far.

I broke. I am sad to report a full blown pouting session this morning. Stomped feet and clenched fists - the whole shebang. I'm sure CW thought it was actually quite comical, but he was gracious enough to let me whine and give me a kiss instead.

Three hours into this work day and I'm so far behind. I don't think I'll ever catch up. I'm taking a few minutes here to update and share the many exciting news items from this morning, and then its going to be a long afternoon. And evening: I'm going to a three-four-hour meeting of the school committee tonight to cover their budget planning process for the good citizens of Hamilton and Wenham.

I don't know how I did it, but something about sitting down at my desk and making a pile of things to do that got me moving.

Here's to a brighter and better tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment